1/4


I've finished one quarter of my summer quilt. 3 more to go!

My summer project.

Just a sneak peek of my new quilt. I'm using flea market fabrics. Hope to show you more soon. In the meantime, enjoy the sun!

A grocery bag.

Since last year grocery stores stopped offering disposable bags here in Belgium. I think it's a great idea, you know, living Green and organic, against global warming and all that eco-friendly stuff.
But it isn't practical.
Therefore I made this bag.
It's just the right size. It's sturdy. And it's cheerful.
I just keep forgetting it when I go to the store. Good thing I've got a big handbag.

I'm not sure...

...it was a good idea to start dismantling my SKRUVSTA chair without a decent plan.
I got the chair for Christmas and love the shape, but hate the fabric. So today I removed the fabric, ironed it (after this picture was taken) and numbered each piece. The next step would be to make a new cover, using the ugly black fabric as a pattern, but turns out, I don't have any nice new fabric. Maybe I should of thought about that before.
So for now, I have a bare shell, on the floor in the living room. At least someone is liking it.


There's no party,...

...I just wanted to post some pictures of bunting I made.



Summer gifts.

Fresh, healthy and organic fruits and vegetables this weekend:

sour apples

red currant (my favorite)

and green beans.

The Royal duck & faded moose.





Today my twin nieces are visiting and they can walk now, so it's all hands on deck!
The only time they're sitting down is while they're eating. For that occasion I made these two bibs. I made them over a year ago, so the colours are already a bit faded. And please don't mind the stains. It's not because they can walk, they can eat in a decent way.

The Chair, part two.

This weekend I worked a bit on the chair I bought last March. I removed all the fabric, nails and every single staple that was in there. And there were a lot in there. Seriously. The person who put them in there, must have really loved his job!
The next step now is removing the varnish and putting on the primer. After that it will take a long time for there will be any progres. Because then I must start to think about the fabric and paint colour I'm going to use to transform this ugly thing. And knowing how indecisive I am...


Chocolate cake.





Today I made a chocolate cake. More precisely, the 'Nie Cake'.
It's a recipe from 'Conversations With A Cupcake'. It's such a delightful and mouthwatering blog, everything looks extremely yummy. And knowing that the lady from Conversations, comes up with each and every recipe herself, makes it all the more impressive.

Now I've made it myself, I can safely say that it really tastes as good as it looks. Especially the creamy Mascarpone mousse in between is divine!

The only problem I had was making the mud cake. Apparently this is something for Americans only, we Europeans are not able to make such a moist and rich cake. Or something went wrong during the convertion from cups to grams.
So if anyone has a brilliant recipe for mud cake in grams and liters, instead of ounces and cups; please let me know!


Good bag, wrong handles.


I made this bag a few months ago, but never got around to show it here. It's a nice bag, good size , but it's got totally the wrong handles which makes it very unpractical. I've been planning to make new ones for it. With the emphasis on 'planning', because knowing me it's probably going to stay in the 'planning-category' and never going the end up in the 'finished-category', if you know what I mean.

A little experiment.

Here's a little preview of a new dress I'm making. It's a very simple one, with a smocked body. It's the first time I'm trying this technique, so fingers crossed that it will turn out OK. The fabric was € 3,75/meter (hurray for discount!) and is what we call in the family; 'Meter-fabric".
I hope to show the finished item shortly.

Dirty feet.

Poppemie came home from camp today.
She had a blast.
I think this picture says enough...

Sketch-up fun.

My brother and sister-in-law are currently renovating there house.
All the plans are drawn, only the bedroom/bathroom wasn't working for them.

So yesterday I spent the afternoon having a lot of fun with Google Sketch-up.


This is just one of the ideas and because I'm totally not an architect there's a big chance that it's not even doable. But I don't care, I can renovate and build as much as I want without any dust, delays or expensive contractors.