dinsdag 18 augustus 2009

For my aunt.








This bag was a gift for my aunt's birthday last year. Since then she has used it a lot and it has been washed several times (hence the faded stripes), but more importantly: it's still in one piece! And that I like, because it was not fun to make. It all went so horribly wrong, that I stopped in the middle of sewing a pocket, got up, got in the car, drove to town and bought a good and sturdy new sewing machine. I have to say that I'm normally not that impulsive and certainly not when it comes to making such a big purchase, but I have not one moment of regret. I love my sewing machine!
The bag has got a zipper and a metal snap hook to close it and lots of pockets. And that's a good thing, because she is always carrying around loads of stuff; a purse, a sell phone, her keys, mints, glasses, a tape measure, sugar cubes, a whistle, at least 3 pens, paper, tissues, a camera,etc...

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Its a gorgeous and practical bag - lucky aunt!! Would you like to adopt me as your aunt - my current niece would never be able to produce such a masterpiece - lol.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well, that makes for one expensive handmade gift! I hope the machine works well for you.... The bag looks wonderful, did you use a pattern?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen