woensdag 17 februari 2010

This was the first...


... and the last time I have ever made a flag.
No, I should say, 3 (!) flags. (the pictures only show 2 of them)
They are called Whipala-flags and they are the symbol of the Broederlijk Delen campaign this year.
For the moment they hang in the 3 churches in our town.
Personally I don't go to church, I'm not religious, but apparently after the towns yearly 'Hobby Exhibition', I was the most suited person to whip up these flags.
They are made out of polyester lining fabric and measure 175 x 175 cm. (5,7 x 5,7 ft)
The whole project was, again, a bittersweet reminder of why I never use polyester fabrics.
I mean really, is there anyone who can cut & sew this material in straight lines?


3 opmerkingen:

  1. My compliment for your blog and pictures included,I encourage you to photoblog

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Even week another photo album

    Greetings from Italy,

    Marlow

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Amai, wat een prestatie!

    Mijn naailerares maakte net dezelfde vlag, ook voor in een kerk, en amai, heeft die daar op gevloekt :o).
    Dus zelfs na 20 jaar naaiervaring blijft dit blijkbaar een hel om te doen :o).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. knap gedaan, ik zou ook zot worden van die polyester, dat schuift naar alle kanten, knap

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen